The Niagara Gateway Information Centre stands to serve ALL 4 corners of the Niagara Region and represent ALL 12 municipalities. Our mission is to educate, inform and showcase the beauty of the Niagara Region to incoming visitors, through our highly trained local guides.
The Niagara Gateway Information Centre was re-launched in May 2017 after securing a new lease in partnership with the Niagara Region and the Tourism Partnership of Niagara. Our Information Centre serves as a vital resource to our over thousands of annual visitors who rely on our local guides to provide them with knowledgeable guidance as they explore what the Niagara Region has to offer. Niagara Gateway Information Centre Kiosk visitor/tourist numbers: Over 37,000 to August 2018.
Grimsby Welcome Centre Food Court visitor/tourist numbers:
90,000/month (based on a 30 day month)
- Winner of 114 International Awards for creative and production
- Half-Century Club of the Canadian Association of Broadcasters
- Grimsby 2010 Citizen of the Year
- 2013- Q.E. II Diamond Jubilee Medal
- 2014- Civic Recognition Award- Niagara Region
- 2016- Broadcast Award of Achievement (Gold)- Ontario Association of Broadcasters
- Producer of 28 International Award winning videos for Town of Grimsby
- Received 16 International awards for West Lincoln Memorial Hospital’s fundraising video
- Received Gemini Award for timelapse video of the building of Skydome (Roger’s Centre) in Toronto
sales & marketing
As a transplant from the Kawartha Lakes region, Derrick has called Niagara home since 2001. He brings an extensive business background and a passion for sales and marketing to his new role as Director of Sales and Marketing for the Niagara Gateway Information Centre. Away from work, he likes to travel with his wife Shelley, go to yard sales and auctions, and poorly play the occasional round of golf.
- Local Niagara business person, owner of Omni Media Productions Limited, since 1976
- Video producer
- Niagara area booster
- Lived in Niagara since 1974
- Resides in St. Catharines
- Member of the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce.
- Volunteer travel counsellor with Gateway since early 2017
Marketing & Design
Graphic design is more than just ‘creative’. It is also ‘communication’.
Here at Five By Five, I listen! I listen to you, the client and take the time to understand your products and your needs, striving to get your message out, strong and effective with a unique twist.
With over 25 years in the graphics industry, Natalie Stickles, owner of Five by Five, balances her creative abilities with her practical knowledge of the tourism industry. Armed with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, her R.G.D. designation and coffee, her portfolio is extensive and diverse, having designed for several of Niagara’s top design agencies and marketing firms over the years. Please visit www.fivebyfivedesignstudio.com
Surviving in business for over seven years, Natalie’s home studio is located in Pelham, Ontario, the heart of the Niagara Region. Her creative crew, one friendly chocolate lab, and moody black cat balance her day with walks on the local trails.
Interested in joining our team?
The Niagara Gateway Information Centre is now accepting volunteer and employment applications for our local guide position. Please forward a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org